Almond Butter Chia Banana Bread!
3 very ripe medium bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup creamy raw almond butter,
1 large egg,
1/2 cup raw coconut sugar
1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon chia seeds
coconut oil to grease the pan
organic berries (topping)
1. Preheat oven to 180º
2. Combine dry ingredients (sorghum flour, almond meal, baking soda & powder) in a small bowl and lightly whisk to combine.
3. Peel and mash bananas using a fork in a large mixing bowl. Add applesauce, and coconut sugar and mix well. Add in egg, whisk until blended in, then stir in almond butter until smooth and consistent.
4. Add dry ingredient mixture to the wet mixture in 3 parts, stirring gently after each addition. Be careful not to over-mix, you want to just stir in gently enough until combined, no more.
5. Gently stir in chia seed, reserving some for later. Stir minimally until combined.
6. Lightly grease 8.5 x 4.5-inch bread loaf pan with coconut oil. Add in batter, and sprinkle reserve chia seeds on top & organic berries or currants.
7. Place pan in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until edges are darkened a bit and start to pull away from the pan. Good test tip- stick a toothpick in the centre and if it comes out clean, it is done. If batter sticks to it, it needs some more time.
8. Remove from oven, let it sit in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve!