Serves 4 huge café style bowls or 8 small cupcake style bowls
*Please note you will need a second muffin tray the same size to place on top the muffins while baking to create the bowl shape.
- 1 ½ cups almond meal/flour*
- ½ cup coconut sugar*
- ¼ cup cacao powder*
- 3 tsp. baking powder*
- 1 cup milk or nut milk of any kind (almond, coconut or cashew milk)*
- 2 eggs or for a vegan option 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract*
- ½ cup coconut oil*
Drizzled Cacao Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil* (melted)
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder*
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar*
(For the Coconut Ice Cream I personally use Coyo Coconut Ice Cream. In this recipe I used Vanilla & Nutmeg flavour).
How to make the bowls:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 6 cup muffin tray for 4 large style ice cream bowls or line a 12 cup muffin tray for 8 small cupcake style ice cream bowls with coconut oil spray.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients together.
- Add together the dry and wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Once combined, place mixture in muffin tray so it comes up high enough that the second tray can be placed on top and create a dent in the muffin for the bowl shape.
- Place the tray into the oven for 5 minutes until the muffins start to rise and become fluffy. Once they are forming, add the second muffin tray on top of the muffins to create the bowl shape and place back in the oven for a further 15 minutes until cooked.
- Once cooked place on a wire rack to completely cool so it will not melt your ice cream when it is scooped in.
- Do not worry if the bowls come up a little out of shape, the different sizes or walls will give them character when serving.
- Place a scoop of coconut ice cream in the bowl and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Drizzled Cacao Sauce Method
- Whisk all three ingredients together and drizzle over coconut ice cream.
- The coconut oil will give an ice magic affect and harden the sauce when it is drizzled over the cold ice cream.
*ingredients available from Go Vita Cairns City, Go Vita Earlville, Go Vita Smithfield!
Get your coconut fix on Brynley’s Facebook, website and Instagram.