What you need
Muffin pan (with 12 cups)
Ingredients for coconut filling
¾ cup unrefined coconut oil
½ cup coconut butter
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
¼ cup maple syrup
1-2 handful of nuts, seeds, dried fruit of your choice
Ingredients for chocolate
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup maple syrup
Instructions for coconut filling
- In a small saucepan, slowly heat up coconut oil and coconut butter and stir occasionally until melted.
- Combine oil and butter mixture with coconut flakes and maple syrup in a blender (or mixer) and process until smooth (the longer you process, the smoother your filling will be).
- Cover the bottom of each muffin cup with nuts/seeds/dried fruit of your choice.
- With a spoon, divide filling evenly into muffin pan cups, cover your layer of nuts/seed/dried fruit completely and if you chose to leave your filling coarse, gently press down with a spoon.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Once your filling has solidified, you should be able to easily remove them from the muffin pan. If they won’t come out as easily, take a knife and slide it down the side of a muffin cup and pop out your filling.
- Keep refrigerated until you’re ready for the next step.
Instructions for chocolate
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil on low heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, stir in cocoa powder and add maple syrup.
- With a spoon, fill each (empty) muffin cup with approximately 2 tablespoon of chocolate.
- Place filling on top of the chocolate in your muffin cup and gently press down (not too much, you don’t want the filling to hit the bottom).
- Divide the rest of your chocolate on top of all fillings; make sure the chocolate runs down the side of each cup so you will have a fully covered bar
- Freeze for 1h.
- Keep frozen or refrigerated and serve immediately once you remove bars from fridge or freezer.
Recipe by: Rose – The Clean Dish