Eat Real With This Festive Quinoa & Kale Bowl
What if I told you that eating this delicious warm quinoa could actually make you feel more energized, keep you satisfied for longer, and taste amazing? You would call it a miracle, right?
By choosing to prepare a meal from whole ingredients, you’re giving yourself and your loved ones the gift of health over the holidays. This festive quinoa is a wonderful dish to bring to a gathering or prepare for your own table.
Featuring kale, quinoa and goji berries, this festive quinoa is flavored with immune-boosting antioxidant-rich garlic and ginger, perfect for the winter season. Along with the protein-rich quinoa, and the fiber packed nutrient-rich kale, not only is it a treat nutritionally, but it tastes amazing, too!
So indulge this season and give the gift that keeps on giving — health.
Festive Quinoa & Kale Bowl
1. Rinse quinoa in cold water. Add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat once boil is achieved and simmer with a lid until quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Soak goji berries in water until use.
3. Wash kale, cut the kale off the main vein, and chop into small pieces (use scissors to help cut if desired).
4. Heat pan and add coconut oil. Once oil is warm add onion and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add pepper, garlic, and ginger and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes then add tamari, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Stir well on medium heat.
5. Squeeze water out of goji and mince into small pieces. Add goji and allow the liquids to cook together for about 5 minutes.
6. Once a sauce seems to have formed, add finely chopped kale. When this kale begins to wilt add quinoa and stir so that all ingredients are mixed well. Taste here and season as necessary.
7. In a separate pan toast pine nuts until they are slightly golden. Add pine nuts to the quinoa and serve, or refrigerate and eat later.
recipe courtesy of; Mind Body Green