Matcha Chip Protein Squares –
1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats, processed to a flour
½ cup protein powder
3 tablespoons matcha powder
¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
¼ cup raw cocoa nibs
½ cup almond butter
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
1/3 cup almond milk
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Soak the chia seeds in 1/3 cup almond milk and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper.
2. Process your oats in a food processor until you get close to a flour-like texture and place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix the oat flour, protein powder, matcha, sea salt, and cocoa nibs together.
4. Add in the almond butter, soaked chia seeds, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla and stir well to combine. Don’t be afraid to get in with your hands!
5. Press the mixture into the pan evenly. If necessary, use a pastry roller to smooth out the top. Place pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
6. Cut the bars into squares. Store them in an airtight glass container for up to a week in the fridge. Enjoy!