Prep Time:45 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
*all ingredients available at Go Vita Cairns City, Earlville & Smithfield
2. Whisk the coconut flour and arrowroot with the salt in a large bowl. Whisk the butter with the honey and vanilla, and add it to the flour. Stir until fully mixed and you have a thick, wet dough.
3. Pat the dough into a square about 1/2 inch thick on the parchment. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until very light golden brown.
4. While the cookie is baking, make the caramel. Blend the dates, vinegar, coconut milk, vanilla, and butter until a thick paste.
5. When the cookie is done and cooled, spread the caramel on top in an even layer. Transfer the pan to the freezer to firm up.
6. To make the chocolate sauce, put the dates and coconut milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and simmer until thick and smooth. Stir in the cacao powder and stir until mixed in. Allow to cool completely.
7. Remove the cookie from the freezer, and cut into 1-2 inch bars. Cover each with the chocolate sauce and either serve immediately, or refrigerate until firm. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of